Creative Phone Photography
May 16 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
About this event
From the beautiful monuments and markers, to the unique and unexpected architectural designs. Lakewood has plenty of options to explore your artistic side through photography. Join photographer Eric Mueller as he walks us around Lakewood and offers some tips and tricks to use your phone to take pictures at Lakewood.
We’ll spend about 30 minutes going over some photography basics and answering questions, then we’ll try out our new skills on a photo walk together around the grounds. No photography experience necessary!
What to bring:
- A smartphone with camera capabilities
- A mask or face covering in case we go through any buildings
- (optional) pencil and a small notebook for taking notes
- (optional) Sunscreen
- (optional) Water or a light snack, but please remember to take all trash with you when you leave
About your instructor
Eric Mueller is an artist, photographer, and teacher. Known for his graphic style and strength in composition, his photographs have been exhibited in dozens of group shows, including at the Plains Art Museum, the Devos Art Museum, the Midwest Center for Photography, Head On Photo Festival, the Southeast Center for Photography, and the Columbus Museum of Art. He has been recognized with awards by American Photography, The Photo Review, the iPhone Photography Awards, and the Mobile Photography Awards. He has over 40,000 followers on Instagram. Mueller’s first photography book, Family Resemblance, was recently published by Daylight Books.
COVID-19 Safety Protocols and Precautions
We are offering the following safety precautions, in accordance with Minnesota State and CDC regulations, to ensure all those participating are safe:
- Attendees must wear a mask or face covering at check-in, when in the group, and when talking with the instructor.
- Requiring that all guests space 6ft apart (unless you are participating with your current household)
- Providing hand sanitizer, face masks, and sanitizing wipes at check-in tent
- If you are feeling sick or running a temperature, we ask that you stay home. Use good judgement, if you may have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 or if you or anyone in your household is waiting on the results from a COVID-19 test, please stay home.
Ticket costs will be fully refunded at any point if you need to stay home for safety reasons.