Building a better Lakewood | Learn about our new Welcome Center
March 24 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Interested in becoming a volunteer at Lakewood? Join the Welcome Team, now in their third year! Volunteers are needed to welcome Lakewood visitors to our beautiful grounds and help them connect with our storied history.
Lakewood Welcome Team Tasks Include
- Greet visitors and support event check-in
- Hand out programs, refreshments, etc.
- Help people with parking, directions and related matters
- Assist guests to locate graves or orient themselves using maps of our 250-acre grounds
- Serve as “green team” at events, keeping spaces tidy and encouraging sustainable practices
- Hands-on involvement in activities like the Living Memory Tree and supporting artist projects
- And so much more!
For additional details about the Welcome Team opportunity, see the volunteer page.
Register for Training
All volunteers must register for and attend our mandatory volunteer training, which takes place at Lakewood on Sunday, March 24 from 1–3 PM in the Garden Mausoleum. Register using the interest form.
The Lakewood Heritage Foundation
The volunteer program is supported by the Lakewood Heritage Foundation. The Lakewood Heritage Foundation is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization created to sustain this local treasure by supporting educational programming and the preservation and restoration of Lakewood’s landscape, art, architecture and public spaces—for the benefit of all.